We, Generali Asia (operating under the Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. – Asia Regional Office business name) consider our stakeholders' personal data as a core value to be safeguarded, and we wish to establish a relationship with them based on full transparency and awareness with respect to the purposes and modalities we use when processing their data.
Therefore, we have set out the below information about our processing of your personal information, what rights you have, and how you can get in touch if you want to know more.
Subject to updates of the applicable privacy laws and regulations, Generali Asia may update its Privacy Information, such information displayed on our website takes precedence over all previous versions of our Privacy Notice.
For any questions or if you wish to exercise a right in respect of the processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at: HKB-PDPO@generali.com.hk.
You can write to us at:
Personal Data Protection Officer
5/F, Generali Tower,
8 Queen’s Road East,
For Website Users
1. What personal data do we collect from you?
- IP addresses as surfing data: such surfing data as aggregate data for statistical purposes only (e.g. how often you visit our website); and
- Personal and contact information (e.g. title, full name, email, contact details), such personal data is collected when:
- You submit an enquiry via the “Contact Us” section, for statistical purposes and refer to previous enquiries;
- You provide your explicit consent to be on specific mailing lists to regularly receive certain documents (e.g., news, funds quotation, commercial information, etc.); and
- You actively register to access certain services through submitting a specific form on the website; the information is used only to reply to your requests or to provide the requested services and not for other purposes.
2. Your Personal Data
- How we use your personal data?
We, Generali Asia, will use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to comply with any regulatory or other legal requirements;
- to enable you, as surfer to use all the features on our website and to enhance your browsing experience; and
- to provide services, e.g. to reply to enquiries from you.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
Unless otherwise requested by the law, your personal data can be shared only with third parties which have been assigned with the task to perform some activities bound by employment relationship with Generali Asia. Depending on the activity performed, third parties may act as Data Processors, Joint Controllers or autonomous Data Controllers.
Our staff and third parties which process your personal data for the purposes indicated above – except for Data Controllers – shall receive proper instructions to process your data.
Cookies is a simple computer file made of text. The information stored in cookies can be used to personalise the experience when using a website.
This website uses its own and third parties’ cookies and other session identifiers:
- Technical cookies are used to make surfing possible, and to the extent this necessary to provide a requested service; and
- Profiling cookies are of third parties and are used only for statistical purposes on an anonymous basis and are not aimed at providing you with a service in line with your preferences.
4. What are your rights?
You may exercise the following rights in respect to your personal data:
- Access: you may request access to your personal data to receive information, for example, about the categories of personal data that Generali Asia is currently processing; and
- Rectify: you may ask Generali Asia to correct personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.